Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no cost to you).
Sweet and Savory Beef Jerky
Indulging in my homemade sweet and savory beef jerky is a culinary delight that never fails to satisfy my taste buds. The meticulous blend of sweetness and savory richness creates an irresistible flavor symphony, each tender strip bursting with a perfect balance of smokiness and delectable seasoning.
The marinade, carefully crafted with a blend of herbs and spices, imparts a mouthwatering depth that keeps me reaching for more. Whether enjoyed as a snack on the go or savored slowly, each bite is a testament to the joy of creating culinary masterpieces in the comfort of my own kitchen.
This sweet and savory beef jerky isn’t just a treat; it’s a flavorful journey that leaves me craving its delicious allure time and time again.
Don’t forget to check out my other simple and delicious homemade recipes for healthy eating!
Sweet & Savory Beef Jerky Recipe
- 1 Dehydrator
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 lbs Beef Inside Round
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Spicy Pepper Medley Brand: ClubHouse
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Baking Soda to tenderize beef
- Remove all the fat from the cut of beef. Slice into thin strips, against the grain of the meat.
- Sprinkle baking soda over all the beef until fully covered. Put bowl in the fridge and let the beef tenderize for 30 minutes minimum, up to 4 hours.
- Make the marinade at this time by combining all remaining ingredients.
- Soak the beef in the marinade for 24 hours (minimum 6 hours if in a hurry). Covered, in the fridge.
- Set dehydrator to 145F, and place beef on the trays making sure to leave plenty of space between pieces. Allow to dehydrate for 8 hours (start checking after 5 hours depending on how thinly you've sliced your beef).
- Once the jerky tears apart and you see the white filments, then you know the jerky is ready.
- Store in firdge for up to 7 days (good luck, it wont last that long!)
- If you cannot find Spicy Pepper Medley, you can substitute for 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- If you do not have a dehydrator, you can use your stove on the lowest setting. 170F is optimal, but if your stove does not go that low, just leave the door cracked open and check jerky after 4 hours.
Did You Make This Recipe?
If so, leave a comment and tell me what you thought of it or how you changed it to your liking, I want to know!
Want to learn how to grow like a Pro?
Unlock the secrets of a thriving garden! Enter your email below to get your FREE copy of ‘Learn to Garden‘ the essential guide that turns budding enthusiasts into green-thumb maestros. Let’s cultivate your gardening journey together, one leaf at a time!